Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Longboarding Fools...


We have a longboard! Clint and I have been longboarding several times with different friends, but just recently got one of our own. Thanks to our good friend Jared Rawlings, who designed and made our longboard. He does an awesome job and is working on getting a website set up so the whole world can see his boards. 'Verano' is the name, meaning summer, it totally rocks!


Last night we had an FHE with our marrieds ward. We had Olympics night and our team wore bandanas. We looked pretty fearsome if I do say so my self. After that we went with our friends Heather and Jordan Avner to hit the hills up for some good longboarding. WSU is a great place to go, we pretty much stayed on these two grass rollers. Pick up speed on the cement and once you hit the grass lean back because you are in for a ride! A few grass stains never hurt anyone anyways!

6 comments:

sara and wade said...

oh my word child... pun intended! you are so great! i love that you and clint are havin such a great time!!! i can't believe that you are coming up on the 1st anniversary... we all went on a kick there for a bit when we all got married! i love it!!! i love when you say "we work hard to play hard!" that is the best! i need to have that attitude more! i love ya!

Paige said...

How fun! Phil loves long boarding but I haven't ever been...I'm afraid I'll break my neck! Maybe I should try it. :) I've been thinking about getting Phil a longboard for his birthday, does Jared sell them?

Rachel said...

Ya, Jared has tons! He would love to sell one to you and seriously he does a great job. We were surpised at how really professional they are! Let me know and I'll get you all the info.
And Sara, thanks girl, your the best!

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Rach! You are absolutely crazy! I love it! There is no way I could get on one of those! With my luck I would get more than just grass stains! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rach Sorry you aand the hubby could not make it to moscow with the rest of the family, but I quess when you would rather mess around with a "long board" than visit with your grandparents. enough said. Love grandpa