Saturday, May 30, 2009

Boston

Boston.

The ferry we took to see the USS Constitution. (part of the freedom trail, basically a history line that takes you through to city ending at Boston Harbor)


MIT, the reason we went to Boston. We took a tour of MIT to give Clint an idea of as far as grad. school goes. Super cool, campus runs right along the Charles River.

Stata building on MIT campus. They call this the Dr. Seuss building, it's huge.

The dome building on MIT campus. This is where most of the 'hacks' are done. (hacking=pranks, MIT started 'hacking' before it ever became a computer term) One of the best hacks was a group of MIT students took an MIT police car apart, somehow got it on top of this dome and then rebuilt it...all in one night. If you watch any news, the Hubble telescope has been a big deal lately with it's last launch and everything. A week and a half ago students built a replica of the Hubble and put it on top of the dome. Other years it has been covered in black with cut outs of eyes and a mouth. Kinda cool, even cooler that the school encourages students to do hacks. ( as long as it doesn't hurt property or people)

13 comments:

Steph and Brady said...

Wow, you guys have been busy! I love Boston! I love all the pictures!

amy g said...

WE LOVE BOSTON!!!! Clint must be some kind of genius if he's planning on going to MIT!! So cool. Troy served his mission in Boston and was jealous you guys got to go while looking at the pictures. As for P-town, definitely an interesting place.....we'll leave it at that!! Did you run up that tower thingy?? Glad you had a fun trip!!

ps-did gooseberry mesa this weekend and experienced my first endo! ah!

Brock and Arrienne said...

What a fun trip! Boston looks way fun. I love the picture of you two in the cemetery... it was very pretty! Although I'm not sure I would love you moving to Boston but I would probably still see you just as much haha!

sara and wade said...

holy cow rach!! what a great vacation! i've been to boston once for a half day and can't wait to get back there again! that would rock if clint was going to MIT... uh, hello genious!! sweet stuff rach! i'm totally jealous, that sounds like a blast! love the pics and the updates! can't wait to hear more! :)

Los Smiths said...

guys it looks like such a fun trip! and MIT to boot...what a smarty my little cous' has turned into! we really must get together and have you give us the run down. josh finishes this next week and then let's plan a barbq...
kate

Cassie Jo and Payton said...

You two are so freakin cute!! Love your fun trip to Boston! Tell Clint "hi" for me!

Camille said...

Wow, Rachel!! What a fun trip!! That's exciting that you could possibly be there for school. What a gorgeous place!! So did Clint like the school? Keep me posted!

I just realized I never got back to you about schools. Jake didn't really know much for Clint's field, and I forgot to email you. Sorry! :) But you should check out Clemson and Georgia Tech! Then you would be close.

Love ya!

Meg said...

How fun to go to Boston! That is cool Clint is thinking of MIT what a smart guy he is. We need to get together so soon! Lets not just say it lets do it...I will give you a call!

Lauren Tatton said...

Um do you need a but Kicking you wer 1 hour away from me and you did not call!!! Are you going to come out here!?? Rachel Im freakin out you need to call me or email me okay!!

Jordan said...

Fun trip! Steve will love that trail building! I'll have to show him the pictures of the bridge! He does that for a living right now so he really likes that kind of stuff!

LC said...

Hey Rachel .. it's totally random how I found your blog but I'm glad i did, it's so cute! It looks you are are having fun in Boston! I'm excited to stay updated with you guys! Have a good day
Libby

Sally said...

Hey there! How are ya?? Where's the new post? ;) j/k
but to answer your q: we are coming to utah for most of august--can't wait ot see y'all!!

amy g said...

hey rach, give me your email and I will give you some info about efusjon. We are having a get together in ogden for another presentation so I will tell you when and where if you can make it, oh yeah and you get free dinner!